Eggless Chocolate Chip muffins turn out really good in the airfryer. You can also bake these in a regular oven.
If you haven’t made these eggless chocolate chip muffins in your airfryer, you are missing out on something! Most people I know only use it to make fries or snacks from the ready frozen packets of food – be it fries or poppers. While that is great, you are not exploiting the full potential of this machine 🙂 I absolutely love this for super fast baking too!
Check this recipe for savoury carrot and herb muffins made in airfryer I had shared on my blog earlier.
We have two ovens but when I want to bake something real quick, or bake a small batch, the airfryer comes super handy. One, it preheats very quickly and two, the baking time is much reduced too. The drawback is you can make only 4-5 muffins or cupcakes or a small cake at one time, but hey I did say ‘small batches’ 🙂
With this machine on hand, it doesn’t feel daunting to bake at 6 in the morning on a school day and a batch of muffins sorts out the after school snack or lunchbox treat for my kid for 5 days. That’s how we multitasking mums roll, baby! Make every little effort go a long way 😉
So here’s the recipe for eggless chocolate / chocochip muffins made in the airfryer. These can very well be baked in a convection oven / OTG too
RECIPE: Eggles Chocolate chip Muffins in Airfryer
Makes 6 muffins
Lots More Easy Muffin Recipes That I Know You’d Love To Try
Eggless Chocolate Chip Muffins in Airfryer
- 1/2 cup self raising flour
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour baking powder salt or use + + ) half tsp pinch
- 1 tbsp cocoa Nesquik or powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 tbsp honey
- 2 tbsps yogurt
- 4 tbsps milk
- 2 tbsps vegetable oil (I used coconut oil)
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar (or regular vinegar)
- 2 tbsps chocolate chips
- Preheat airfryer at 200xb0C.
- Remove 1 tbsp flour from the 1/2 cup flour and add 1 tbsp of cocoa powder or Nesquick. This is to make sure that the total dry component is 1/2 cup. Add baking powder and salt, in case you are using plain flour and not self raising flour.
- Add baking soda, sugar and combine with a fork.
- In a measuring jug or small bowl, whisk together milk, yogurt, oil and vanilla extract until combined.
- Make a well in the dry ingredients and add the wet ingredients. Add the vinegar.
- Stir to combine. Do not over mix, a few lumps of flour are ok at this stage. Mix in the chocolate chips.
- Spoon the mix into 6 silicone cupcake / muffin moulds
- Place 4 at a time in the wire basket of the preheated airfryer.
- Set timer at 8 minutes, after which you can insert a skewer / tester to see if it comes out clean. You can keep the second batch to bake at this point.
- Remove and cool for 5 minutes. Remove from moulds and serve or store in airtight container in refrigerator.
- You can store this for 4-5 days in the refrigerator in an airtight box.