These Blueberry Vanilla Yogurt Muffins made with the addition of blueberry and vanilla yogurt are deliciously fruity muffins that you can make even if you don’t have blueberries on hand.
Muffins are a beginner baker’s best friend. Muffin recipes usually ask for basic pantry ingredients and simple techniques that don’t intimidate even a newbie in the kitchen. They are also the best to get started on baking with your kids.
How to make healthy muffins
Most muffin recipes are forgiving enough to turn out right even if you add very little oil / butter. Muffins make good vehicles for fruit purees (also, overripe bananas). Grated vegetables like carrots, zucchinis, beets – all are welcome! Ingredients like yogurt, buttermilk or sour cream make moist and fluffy muffins. You can add a good dose of fibre in the form of wheat bran, to make healthy breakfast muffins. Healthy fats in the form of mashed avocado, flaxseeds, sesame seeds, seed or nut butter are all ingredients that turn your muffin into a nutrient fortified portable breakfast.
Over to Blueberry Vanilla Yogurt Muffins
Homemade muffins are my kid’s favourite snack, something to grab and go before play time. Packing in a healthy ingredient like yogurt, in the recipe, helps bump up the protein content of the muffin. Yogurt also makes the muffins moist and springy. Prepare a batch of these when you have some time and you don’t have to worry about snack time for the next few days.
Jam centred muffins that make the perfect kiddie treat
Addition of blueberry and vanilla yogurt imparts a lovely flavour to the muffins. As blueberries are not readily available in India, using blueberry yogurt is a good option, especially if your child, like mine, is a total blueberry fan!
This recipe is simple enough for you to make with your kids as a weekend fun project.
Check out these lemon and blueberry muffins that my son loves!
More Easy Muffin Recipes:
Nigella’s Honey Banana Muffins
Super popular Eggless Chocochip Muffins in Airfryer
Morning Glory muffins that make the best breakfast on the go
Steel Mixing bowls – set of 3
Muffin Paper Liners – 100 (good bargain!)
Blueberry Vanilla Yogurt Muffins
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- pinch of salt
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup blueberry yogurt
- 1/4 cup vanilla yogurt (see recipe notes)
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- Preheat the oven at 190 celsius. Line a 6 cup muffin tin or use 6 silicone cupcake moulds.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the wet ingredients, until combined.
- In a larger bowl, mix the dry ingredients with a whisk until combined or pass through a sieve.
- Make a well in the dry ingredients. Add the wet ingredients in the well and gently combine until it is just mixed. Do not over mix the batter. A few lumps are alright and they’ll get smoothened out during baking.
- Spoon the mixture into the 6 prepared muffin cups.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes until a tester comes out clean.
- Dust with icing sugar. Serve warm with a glass of milk.
Disclosure: This post has affiliate links and Saffron Trail will earn a small commission if you purchase the product from these links, which helps support the blog ????????