Aam Doi Breakfast Parfait
A breakfast parfait is a breakfast in a glass that brings together yogurt, fruit and muesli. Perfect, right? Well, that what it means in French – parfait=perfect. Typically a frozen dessert made using eggs, cream and sugar syrup, dating back to 1894, this breakfast parfait contains none of the above.
You can create your own versions of breakfast parfaits using seasonal fruits, plain or fruit yogurts and cereal / granola / muesli of choice. Sprinkling the parfait with a few toasted nuts, dried fruit or seeds, adds to the flavour and crunch. Diabetics can use plain unsweetened yogurt. A breakfast parfait gives a good mix of protein, fiber, calcium, carbs and anti-oxidants to start the day.
This parfait is made using Mother Dairy Aam Doi which is a thick mango yogurt, muesli, chopped bananas, pomegranates and toasted sesame seeds. If you don’d find the ready mango yogurt, you can make some by placing plain yogurt overnight in a muslin covered sieve inside a refrigerator and mixing some mango pulp into it just before assembling the parfait.
Recipe for Breakfast Parfait with Mango yogurt
Time taken: Under 15 minutes
2 glasses to serve
Breakfast Parfait with Mango Yogurt
- 2 packs Aam Mother Dairy Doi (Mango yogurt)
- 3/4 cup muesli or broken granola bars
- 2 bananas small , diced
- 1/4 cup pomegranate seeds
- handful dried fruit mixed (the muesli I used already had this)
- 1 tbsp sesame seeds toasted
- Place a layer of muesli in each glass.
- Remove the mango yogurt in a small bowl and whisk with a fork until smooth.
- Place 2 tbsp of whisked mango yogurt over the muesli in each glass.
- Top with a spoonful of fruit.
- Repeat the layers and top with dried fruits and toasted sesame seeds.
- Serve immediately as the muesli will lose its crunch.