Sheet pan eggplant is the quickest and easiest way to make an eggplant side dish. You can also use this recipe to prepare a variety of meals as explained in the post below.
Have you wondered about the immense popularity of sheet pan recipes in the last year or so? There are good reasons for this! Once you read all of this, I promise that you’ll be all eager to try out the super easy sheet pan eggplant recipe.
Advantages of sheet pan cooking
- Convenience – You can cook your veggies and protein in one sheet pan. Saves on time and cleaning up.
- Your oven does the work – Just mix up the ingredient to be cooked with the marinade or spices. Let it to cook while you focus on cooking something else, or relax.
- Meal prep – Sheet pan cooking helps you prep a glut of vegetables and protein. You can then portion and save in the refrigerator for the week.
- Healthy – The possibility of cooking healthy using fresh ingredients, herbs-spices and a small portion of healthy fats like cold pressed oils
Try this Sheet Pan Baked Maple Tofu recipe
How to cook vegetables in the sheet pan?
- Choose large quantity of one vegetable (such as this sheet pan eggplant recipe) or a mix of vegetables that have similar cooking times.
- Toss in a marinade or a spice mix and oil.
- I prefer adding some water to the pan, covering with a thick tin foil and baking. The vegetables partly steam cook and do not dry out. This process also makes use of minimal oil, making it a healthier, low-cal meal prep.
- Parboil root vegetables like carrot, beets, turnips etc before cutting into chunks and laying on the sheet pan.
What dishes can you make using sheet pan vegetables?
- Toss the sheet pan vegetables with salad greens and a dressing to make a hearty vegetable salad.
- Mix it along with chickpeas or any other cooked beans, brown rice and a sauce to make a filling Buddha bowl.
- Place it on a taco along with finely chopped cucumber, onions, tomatoes and a couple of sauces to make vegan tacos.
- Roll the sheet pan vegetables in a tortilla with some pickled onions to make a delcious portable lunch.
- Sheet pan vegetables such as this curried eggplant can also be served as a side for a dal-rice based Indian meal.
Don’t miss: More eggplant recipes here
I love most of the Amazon Basics products and this is a neat 3 set baking tray that you can use for many baking recipes
To get all my latest recipes and news straight into your mailbox, subscribe to my mailing list here and get a free copy of my e-book specially put together for you – The Ultimate Salad Master Table that will have you making salads like a pro HERE