A collection of delicious Pumpkin Recipes from Saffrontrail.com
1. Roasted Pumpkin and Lemongrass Soup – mild pumpkin paired with bold flavours from ginger and lemongrass, gets a whole new personality – this soup is so fall ready!
2. Sweet Sour Spicy Pumpkin Soup – Pumpkin Chaaru, a South Indian recipe, where tamarind, spice powder and a bit of sweetness from jaggery come together to make a mouthwatering soup. You can sip this as it is, or mix some chaaru with rice and slurp from a bowl
3. Pumpkin, Lentils and Spring Onion Soup– this soup is just what the doctor ordered to keep you warm on cold evenings, keep the bread handy!
4. Stew of Pumpkin, Lentils and Sweet Potato – a one pot filling and healthy dish perfect for fall or winter or rainy evening.
5. Marinated Tofu and Pumpkin Rice – great to carry in a lunchbox or as an Asian main course dish for a quick dinner
6. Pumpkin Raita – or a South Indian style pumpkin and yogurt dish, makes an excellent vegetarian side dish or as an addition to a simple Indian menu
7. Punjabi style sweet and sour Pumpkin Subzi – Kaddu ki subzi, popular in Punjabi homes, pairs best with puris or deep fried Indian bread
8. Vegetarian Parsi Dhansakh – this curry is a mix of lentils, vegetables and freshly ground spices, goes best with rice
9. Chai Spiced Pumpkin Mini Bundt Cakes – a guilt free cake, low in fat, turns out super moist thanks to pumpkin puree
10. Pumpkin Coffee Cake – a simple tea cake perfect as an accompaniment to tea or coffee
11. Healthy Pumpkin Oats Coconut Squares – combines all good things in one slice- desiccated coconut, oats, pumpkin puree – suitable for breakfast on the go
12. Pumpkin and Date Cake – full of healthy goodness from pumpkin and dates, a good option for a lunchbox treat or a morning coffee accompaniment
13. Marbled Pumpkin Cake – This double colour cake is sure to delight kids and adults alike!
14. Pumpkin and Carrot Halwa – a delicious Indian dessert, fitting finale to an Indian meal