Oats and Mango breakfast smoothie combines the healthy goodness of oats with antioxidant rich seasonal mangoes for a quick breakfast in a glass for busy people!
For those of you who despise oats, I have one theory about oats. The simpler and blander an ingredient, the more you can dress it up, the more creative you can get. It’s like working on a blank canvas. Oats for me is one such blank canvas, it is just there to absorb any flavours you might care too add. This Oats and Mango Breakfast Smoothie in a glass is a two minute breakfast. With something as fast and healthy as this one on hand, you have no excuses for skipping the most important meal of the day.
Oats and Mango – Breakfast in a glass
Category: Breakfast drink
Time taken: Under 10 minutes
Makes 2 glasses
Oats and Mango - Breakfast in a Glass : WBB # 13
- 3/4 cup oats quick cooking
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1 mango ripe, peeled and cubed
- 1 cup milk skimmed
- 2 tbsps jaggery powdered (or brown sugar)
- 1 large pinch cardamom powder
- 3 - 4 ice cubes
- To prepare the oats and mango breakfast smoothie, soak the oats in 1 1/2 cups water in a microwave safe bowl and microwave on high for 1 - 2 minutes till soft. If you have more time on hand, you could simply soak the oats in warm water for 10-15 minutes.
- Blend all the ingredients together along with the softened oats to make a thick smoothie and serve immediately.