Today, I’ll share with you recipe for an easy cucumber salad with a dressing full of spunk. So easy, with minimal effort – it comes together in less than 5 minutes for sure!
Cucumbers make the best meals in summers. I add them to salads like there’s no tomorrow. If I have cucumbers in the fridge, I can even snack on them by cutting it in half vertically, sprinkling some salt and red chilli powder – truly bliss!
The flavours in the dressing are what make this cucumber salad from basic to wow, and you can use this dressing on a zoodle salad too with equal success.
Don’t miss: 13 best ingredients to add to summer salads
This recipe is simple and quick and it’s not your regular cucumber salad. It goes well as a sandwich filling or as a side to a soup. The dressing is a spin-off on a balsamic vinaigrette. The sesame seeds and soya sauce add the Asian touch. Chilli flakes add oomph. So when you spot that lone cucumber in the vegetable crisper of your fridge, this spunky easy cucumber salad is the recipe to fall back on!
It’s fat free, it’s low cal and it’s ready in <5 minutes. It’s my HOT favourite!
Want more cool ideas to use cucumbers?
Step this way—->
Love salads? Get over 50 healthy salad recipes on my blog!
Easy Cucumber Salad
- 3 cucumbers medium sized -halved length-wise and sliced
- 1 tbsp coriander finely chopped
- 1 tbsp sesame seeds toasted
- 1 tbsps Balsamic vinegar
- 1 tbsps soy sauce use tamari for gluten free version
- 1 tsp honey use maple or date syrup for vegan version
- 1 tsp mustard whole grain
- Pinch chilli flakes
- 1/2 tsp black pepper freshly ground
- Salt (adjust with the saltiness in soy sauce)
- To make this easy cucumber salad, in a large bowl, mix all the ingredients for the dressing with a fork.
- Toss in the cucumber slices and coriander. Mix well.
- Serve on a plate. Sprinkle toasted sesame seeds and a pinch of chili flakes for garnish.
To get all my latest recipes and news straight into your mailbox, subscribe to my mailing list here and get a free copy of my e-book specially put together for you – The Ultimate Salad Master Table that will have you making salads like a pro HERE