Recipe for Grilled Paneer Salad with Spinach and Mango
This Grilled Paneer Salad with fresh spinach and seasonal mangoes is not just a stunning dish, but also perfect as a large center-piece salad for a dinner party or a barbecue party.
Grilled paneer salad is one of the best things you can do with paneer. And we all know how well paneer pairs with palak or spinach, so this is one of my favourite salad combinations. Add a few other veggies for colour and crunch, and a delicious dressing and your summer lunch is ready in no time.
I have fresh dill growing in my kitchen garden at this time of the year. It is a very strongly flavoured herb and some people totally hate it, and rightfully so. Using a tiny bit of it to flavour the dressing works well in the salad without any overwhelming dill flavour.
You do need the firm variety of paneer for this salad. The very soft and crumbly malai paneer variety will completely fall apart in the dressing and will not be suitable for grilling.
Grilled Paneer and Mango Salad in Cider-Dill Dressing
- Wash spinach leaves 2-3 times and dry them on clean kitchen towels or in a salad spinner.
- Prepare the dressing by whisking all ingredients in a small bowl.
- Slice paneer block into 8 pieces.
- Marinate the paneer in half the the dressing for 10 minutes.
- Place a grill pan on the stove at high heat. Brush some oil on it and place the drained marinated paneer pieces. Grill each side for 45 seconds or so, until grill marks appear. Remove and keep aside.
- Toss the spinach leaves, bell pepper slices, mango wedges in a bowl with the dressing. Use any leftover marinade in this.
- Arrange them on a platter. Place the grilled paneer pieces over the salad.
- Top with toasted pumpkin seeds.