India’s 67th Republic Day is just round the corner and it is mandatory to have an Indian Tricolour dish on the menu, right? Most of the times when we have get togethers in the community to celebrate Republic or Independence day, there’s a mad scramble for Indian Tricolour /tiranga recipes – and usually it’s rice, pasta or some kind of tricolour halwa (carrot, white pumpkin, green bottle gourd etc.). I wanted to make something that’s super quick and that’s not the usual stuff.
We are lucky to have many ingredients in the food world that would match our saffron, white and green flag, and I thought why not a Indian tricolour salad recipe? Since I wanted to make something different from the usual rice or pasta, a salad would be a good idea, right?
Subscribe to Saffron Trail Kitchen on Youtube and watch a new video every Friday!
Also, this is my chance to showcase my Green Goddess dressing. I had shared this one on Facebook nearly a year ago, topping a dish of steamed cauliflower and I had many readers asking for the recipe. So here it is! This green goddess dressing can make any boiled vegetable dish taste appetising. Try it over oven roasted vegetables or as a dip for cucumber sticks!
Watch my video on how to make an Indian Tricolour Salad-
Indian Tricolour Salad with Green Goddess Dressing
- 2 Carrot medium sized
- 2 Radish medium sized
- 1 green Bell Pepper large
Green Goddess Dressing -
- 1/2 cup Yogurt
- 1/2 cup Coriander Leaves fresh
- 1/4 cup Basil Leaves
- 1 tsp Cumin Seeds
- 2 Cloves Garlic
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1 tbsp extra virgin Olive Oil
- Chop the vegetables into batons of similar size. Arrange them on a platter for the saffron, white and green layer.
- In a small mixer, whisk together the yogurt, herbs, cumin seeds, garlic. Once it is a smooth puree, add the extra virgin olive oil and salt and pulse a couple of times and remove this into a small bowl.
- Pour the dressing over the arranged vegetables and serve immediately,