Valentine’s Special Boozy Self Saucing Chocolate Pudding Cake for Two – pardon the mile long title, but this had to be done. Every single word is an important element of this swoon-worthy dessert.
Before I sing to you the virtues of this gorgeous piece of dessert, let me tell you my stringent criteria to qualify a dessert as Valentine’s Day worthy.
It must have booze.
It must have chocolate.
It should be easy to put together.
And of course look like you’ve slaved over it.
And, it should have a little more booze.
This dessert ticks all the boxes. And for those of you who don’t eat eggs or don’t like eggy bakes, this one is also egg-free.
I have made bigger batches of this dessert for large parties and it is a sure fire hit. Just remember to multiply everything by 4 for a larger batch that serves 8 people.
In this recipe, I’ve tailored it for exactly two people. Because who in their right mind wants to make a large family-style tray bake on Valentine’s right? Unless you’re the sorts to have a community Valentine’s party 😛
This day is all about bite-sized food, right? No pun intended here.
As soon as you pull this out of the oven, a scoop of vanilla ice cream on top of some hot saucy chocolate pudding will only add more oomph to this dessert.
So if there’s one easy, stunning, chocolatey, boozy dessert that you must make for your SO this Valentine’s, I have the perfect one for you (two).
Boozy Self Saucing Chocolate Cake for Two
- 1/4 cup All purpose flour Maida /
- 1 tbsp cocoa Unsweetened powder
- 2 tbsps sugar Granulated
- 1/2 tsp Baking powder
- pinch Salt a
- 2 tbsps Milk
- 1 tbsp butter Melted
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp dark rum
- 1.5 tbsps white sugar granulated
- 1 tbsp brown sugar granulated
- 1 tbsp cocoa unsweetened powder
- 1/4 cup water cold
- 1 - 2 tbsps dark rum
- Preheat the oven at 180xb0C. Butter two ramekins or oven-proof cups and keep aside.
- Sieve all the dry ingredients for the cake into a medium bowl.
- Make a well. Add the milk, melted butter, vanilla extract and rum. Whisk with a fork to mix.
- Divide this batter equally between the two ramekins.
- In a small bowl, mix the dry ingredients for the sauce with your fingertips.
- Divide between the two ramekins, sprinkling this dry mix over the batter rather evenly.
- Mix the rum into the cold water and pour the water equally over both the ramekins - on top of the spread dry mix layer. Do not worry about pouring water over the cake batter and sugar-cocoa layer. This will go to the bottom of the cake as it bakes and form the sauce part of the 'self saucing'.
- Bake for 10 minutes. The cake will rise above and sink somewhat in the middle, because of the saucy layer at the bottom.
- Dust with icing sugar and serve immediately.
We welcome you to a delicious feast of exquisite dishes at #Foodlood. With a wide range of Indian cuisines to choose from, we guarantee you a sumptuous feast experience at #Foodlood
Visit us @ http://www.foodlood.com #foodlood.com
#Catering #food #onlinefood #Wedding #Party #fooddelivery #Packages #CorporateParty
Awesome! Boooozy IS the word! :-p