Recipe for Watermelon Feta Salad
Tell me this picture doesn’t want to make you grab a fork and have a go at it? And let me tell you this is a picture from my iPhone 3GS (yes, I’m slowly working towards the fund for an iPhone4S).
I know this is not the perfect salad for winter, but with a bunch of other spicy, hot foods on the table, it goes beautifully. Handful of ingredients, no cooking involved, can easily fill a big platter – it doesn’t get easier than that.
This is my version and there are many variations to this. Some recipes use black or green olives, sliced onions, crushed dried herbs – somehow I don’t like the taste of onions paired with watermelon and I like to keep this as minimalistic as possible.
The salty feta plus sweet watermelon plus sour balsamic is a drop-dead gorgeous combination that few people can resist.
Learn how to deseed a watermelon and cut it into chunks for this salad. All of it in less than 5 minutes.
Recipe Watermelon Feta Salad
Printable version of recipe here
Takes under 15 minutes
Watermelon Feta Salad : Super easy and super gorgeous
- 5 cups watermelon (half) a large
- Handful grapes seedless (optional)
- 200 - 250 grams feta cheese
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 tbsp honey (optional)
- handful mint leaves freshly plucked and washed (and dried)
- 1 cucumber (halve lengthwise, remove seeds and cut into half moons)
- Take a large platter, scatter the watermelon chunks and grapes.
- Spoon small chunks of feta and scatter them evenly across platter.
- Do the same with the mint leaves and cucumber.
- Drizzle olive oil, balsamic vinegar and honey* around the entire platter.
- This is one salad that SHOULD NOT be tossed or the feta will become a paste and the salad will look all messed up. Let this sit in the fridge for 10-15 minutes and then serve as it is.
Wow so colorful and so delicious….SowmyaOngoing Event – Let’s Party – Eggless Bakes and Treats Ongoing Event – SYF & HWS – Ginger