Bite-Sized Post No.1
To make sure I am blogging more frequently, I’m going to do these bite-sized posts. These are recipe cards made using iPhone pics and coming straight to the recipe without any (much) rambling.
Who doesn’t like fried Bhindi / Okra? But truth is okra can soak in a whole oil tank to get crisp. Here’s my almost no-oil (compared to the deep frying method) method to get crispy crunchy okra in minutes. Even if you are the lucky ones who doesn’t need to watch your waist line, deep frying is such a hassle. So here’s the cheat code.
The only thing you need to be careful about is the baking time. At 200 C, once the slices have browned, they can get charred in no time. So, please keep a watch post the 8-9 min mark.
I made this for lunch today to go on top of my (boring) tomato-cucumber-dill salad. And it did take the salad up by several notches.
Oven Crisped Bhindi (okra)
- 2 cups bhindi (thin slice)
- Text Version Recipe of Crispy Bhindi
- Wash bhindi and pat dry
- Thinly slice them
- Take 2 cups sliced bhindi
- Preheat oven
- Heat 2 tsp oil in wok
- Add bhindi slices, toss well to coat with oil
- Line a 10X10 baking tray with foil
- Spread bhindi slices in single layer
- Bake at 200 C for 10-12 minutes until it turns golden brown
- Remove, cool for 2 minutes and use in raita, as salad topping or just like that
- You can sprinkle salt / chaat masala on it once cooled