Hot breakfast in 5 minutes, and it’s not cereal or toast or a fried egg! Or a smoothie for that matter. It’s this amazing thing called ‘dhideer sevai‘ or instant rice noodles which you absolutely must stock in your kitchen. Unlike Maggi or any other 2 minute noodles, you don’t have to cook them.
Immerse them for 2 minutes in hot water, drain and they are ready. These are the REAL 2 minute noodles. They make for the quickest lunchbox you can rustle up. Make a lemon sevai or mix with any ready pastes like Tomato pickle / thokku to make a tomato sevai.
Add a tempering of curry leaves, mustard seeds, red chillies on the top and it’s ready.
In my 5 minute recipe, there’s no ready pastes involved. I quickly pulsed roasted peanuts, sesame seeds and black pepper in the mixer and that was the flavouring for this dish that went into my kid’s lunchbox today.
Time Saving Tips
- When you buy peanuts/groundnuts, roast them on the stove top / microwave or oven and keep in airtight jar. You can add them to a variety of dishes like salads, raitas, bhel etc
- When you buy a coconut, grate / scrape the whole coconut and keep it in a freezer safe box. Whenever you need a small bit of grated coconut, scrape it out using a sharp knife and use as required.
Sesame-Peanut Instant Sevai (Rice Noodles)
Sesame Peanut Rice Noodles / Sevai - Breakfast in 5 minutes
- 100 to 150 grams rice noodles instant (Dhideer Sevai)
- 1 litre water recently boiled
- 3 tbsps peanuts roasted unsalted
- 2 tbsps sesame seeds
- 8 black pepper corns
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp coconut fresh / frozen scraped
- pinch asafoetida
- 1/2 tsp mustard seeds
- 1 sprig curry leaves
- 1 red chilli dried broken into pieces
- Immerse the noodles in the hot water, cover and keep aside for 2-3 minutes. In the meanwhile coarsely powder the roasted peanuts, sesame seeds and black pepper corns in a small jar of the mixer.
- Drain the noodles using a colander, shake off all excess water.
- Heat 2 tsp oil in a non-stick kadai / pan. Splutter mustard seeds, add curry leaves, dried red chilli and asafoetida, when the curry leaves crisp up, add the drained noodles, salt and coarse peanut-sesame powder.
- Toss well but gently until the noodles / sevai is well coated.
- Garnish with fresh coconut.
Oh very nice….
its really very amzaing recipe. i like that and i will also try that. i was came here to inform you Guys! that Liquid Printer is the best Online Printing and Packaging Company.If you need any types of boxes for your Product Packaging Contact Liquid Printer. they will give you the best Results in printing and packaging and Delivers you the order without any shipping charges.Regards,Food Packaging
That sounds like a simple recipe and a flavorful one..Gotta try this!!
A simple & wonderful recipe
Very nice, thankshttp://www.cosmeticmarkets.com
Thanks for share the blog..Yeah its really simple and good idea Indian Restaurants
Nice post, I bookmark your blog because I found very good information on your blog, Thanks for sharing more informatiom http://goo.gl/tGqfRs
I like concept of quick breakfast..Indian breakfast express