It is very easy to make a pizza at home once you get the basics right
What’s more, you can make it healthier by:
-adding healthy ingredients to the dough such as flaxseed and some whole wheat flour
-keep the crust as thin as you like to reduce the carbs
-add as little cheese as you want
This is one of the items we make in my Breaking Bread workshop and believe me when I tell you, if I don’t take a picture in the first few seconds, it’s all GONE.
That’s only because, it turns out so good. I’m sharing the exact same recipe with you, so you can try it at home and you have some of my youtube videos to help you with the steps
Bubbly active yeast ready to use
My TOP 5 TIPS for a perfect pizza
1. Make sure your yeast is bubbly and active. I use the instant yeast Gloripan, available on online gourmet stores like Zansaar and some others. Learn how to activate yeast properly by watching my video.
2. Make sure the dough is doubled in volume
3. Don’t make the spread out dough soggy by pouring too much sauce. Use a thin layer
4. Cheese goes first, then the toppings
5. Don’t go overboard with toppings. Less is more. Too many toppings make the pizza thicker and the base won’t get cooked properly
Photo courtesy my Bread workshop student-Harsha P (used with permission)