Recipe for Eggless Triple Blueberry Pancakes
When I was a kid, my favourite fruit was Nagpur oranges. When in season, my grandfather would buy them by the dozens and I could just eat them non-stop. While my 6 year old loves oranges, his current favourite fruit is...wait for it...blueberries! Crazy right? I stock up on the frozen variety, so he can snack on a few each day, plus he loves them in smoothies and pancakes. Since they are so good rich in antioxidants, I don't mind them being his current favourite fruit, as long as he's eating the local pomegranates, bananas and guavas :)
As a kid, I had never heard of blueberries, let alone blueberry pancakes. But they are his current love, after chocolate pancakes, of course :) For an after school snack, these triple blueberry pancakes are quick and easy, especially if you have got the batter mixed and ready.
I mentioned 'triple blueberry' didn't I? These have blueberry yogurt, frozen blueberries and topped with wild blueberry preserve. Oh and my son wasn't complaining at all :-)
The recipe is for a small batch of 6 pancakes, roughly 2.5" in diameter. Perfect for after school snack plus a couple for the person who's making the pancakes, i.e. YOU
Recipe for Eggless Blueberry Pancakes
Makes 6 small pancakes (2.5" diameter)
- Mix all the dry ingredients in a bowl with a whisk.
- Make a well in the center. Add yogurt, milk, melted butter. Stir to combine, do not overmix. A few lumps are ok. Cover and keep aside for 1 hour.
- Mix in the frozen blueberries gently and proceed.
- To make pancakes, grease a non stick skillet/tava with melted butter.
- Pour small ladlefuls of batter - making 3-4 at a time, depending on size of skillet/tava, leaving space between each of them.
- Cook on medium heat, until bubbles start appearing along the edges.
- Flip them over and cook another 30-45 seconds. Remove on to a plate.
- In a small microwave proof bowl, place the jam and microwave for 20-30 seconds until runny.
- Pour the jam over the pancakes and serve immediately.
I used Bonne Maman brand wild blueberry preserve .
This recipe is developed for Mother Dairy #summerofhappiness. Do check Chef Vikas Khanna's recipe using Mother Dairy Blueberry Yogurt.
Disclaimer: Please note that this post may have affiliate links and Saffron Trail will earn a small commission if you purchase the product from these links. I will only recommend products that I use personally and trust for my family.