Orange Rum Cake for the Monthly Mingle
Coming up next- is something I made for Meeta's _Monthly Mingle _. Well, there's nothing much happening in India on the football front with the exception of Kolkata -where the 3 chief interests are Phood, Phish and Phootball (meaning food, fish and football) Kindly note that Phood and Phish are listed separately.
I haven't decided which team to cheer. So, it's easier to just take sides with the team that wins in the end and I shall be celebrating, with the Orange Rum Cake.
This is Tarla Dalal's recipe and i have tinkered with it a little!
- Pre heat the oven at 400 F/ 200C. Grease a 5" baking tin and keep aside.
- Sieve the wheat flour and baking powder together and keep aside.
- Cream the butter and sugar / sugar substitute together in a bowl (mix them together until soft).
- Add the orange juice, buttermik, rind, rum and what flour mixture. Mix well.
- Pour batter into greased tin.
- Bake for 20-25 min at 400 F / 250 C until a tester comes out clean.
- Cut into 6 wedges.
- Serve as a dessert with a shot of rum.
*recipe says low fat butter- but I haven't come across low fat butter in our grocery stores.
You can skip the rum if you wish and add 3 tbsp of milk instead.
Also, check out the SHF#18- Candy is Dandy but Liquor is quicker.