Healthy Pumpkin Smoothie with Turmeric
Healthy Pumpkin Smoothie with Banana, Turmeric, Almonds and honey
The pumpkin patch in the kitchen garden is going strong, thereby pushing my creativity in cooking with pumpkin. I've seen plenty of carrot-cake smoothies doing the rounds on Pinterest. If carrots, then why not pumpkin, right?? I was so kicked to make this almost entirely homegrown smoothie, with the pumpkin, bananas and turmeric from the kitchen garden. Not a gloat, but ever so grateful for these gifts from the garden :)
So, cook the pumpkin, peel and put the bananas in a ziploc in the freezer, soak the almonds - and wake up in the morning feeling like a boss, who can get breakfast going in just 2 minutes!
No pumpkin? Try using carrots instead in the exact same manner.
Pumpkin, Banana and Almond Smoothie
- Peel and slice pumpkin. Microwave it with 1/2 cup water for 4 minutes.
- Peel bananas and freeze it.
- Soak the almonds in a cup of water.
Prep for the smoothie the previous night
To prepare smoothie for breakfast
- In a blender, add the cooked yellow pumpkin, frozen bananas, soaked almonds, turmeric, cinnamon, honey and 4 ice cubes.
- Blend until you get a smooth puree.
- Serve into 2 glasses. Sprinkle some turmeric and cinnamon over the top if desired.