Cookies & Cream Shake
This post is brought to you in association with Britannia Good Day Chunkies.
Today, I bring to you a not-so- Saffrontrail kinda recipe ☺️ - a decadent shake which is just perfect for the summers and the kids' summer holidays. Most coffee shops have one such shake on their menu that is just not for the faint hearted, but will totally appeal to the child in you. My kid does eye these shakes on the menu with heart-eyes 😍. And once in a while, I do treat him with one.
When I was in Malaysia some 9 years ago, a popular chain had this dessert with cookie blended into vanilla ice cream, and it was just irresistible. The slight bits of cookie adding that extra taste and texture to a plain vanilla ice cream was just dessert heaven in its simplicity.
So what I've decided to make today with Britannia Good Day Chunkies is a kiddie special cookie shake - cold and completely indulgent. These crumbly cookies overloaded with melt in mouth chocolate chips will make a chocoholic kiddie party happy, and if you're the kind to always have a bunch of kids around at home during the summer holidays, then this is the perfect reward for good behaviour!
Cookies & Cream Shake
- In a small mixer, powder 2 Good Day Chunkies cookies and spread the powder in a dish.
- Take a few spoons of milk in a saucer. Dip the edge of the glasses in the milk and then in the cookie powder, so the edge is lined with cookie powder.
- In a blender, add the 6 Good Day Chunkies cookies, ice cream, milk and 4 big cubes of ice.
- Blend until smooth.
- To serve, pour the shake into the lined glasses.
- Drizzle chocolate sauce and sprinkle some cookie powder over the top.
- Serve chilled.
The shake is thick and super tasty, and I would be lying if I said that I was not tempted to take a few sips by way of tasting before handing over the glass to my son :-) And that's why I made two of those glasses 😇
Hey Chunkies lovers, here's your chance to meet the amazing hosts of Master Chef Australia! Here's what you need to do:
1. Make an amazing dish with Good Day Chunkies cookies
2. Upload a picture of the dish with a Chunkies pack on your FB/Twitter/Instagram account with #ChefsWithChunkies.
3. Also, put up your recipe as a note on FB or on your blog and share the link in your entry.
10 lucky winners stand a chance to meet the Masterchef Australia hosts in person on the 4th of June, 2016! For contest terms & conditions, check here .